Privacy Notice - DEU Estates
Names of Agent: Deu Estates Properties Limited, Deu Estates Residential Limited
Address of Landlord: 138 Cardigan Road, Leeds, LS6 1LU
Telephone Number: 0113 275 1010
Email Address: email@example.com
In line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This is an initial privacy notice to tell you what information about you we collect and use up to any tenancy agreement being signed. Please note that by issuing this notice we do not commit ourselves to giving you a tenancy.
For further details, including the information about you which we handle once the tenancy is in place please see the full version of our privacy notice on our website.
Information we collect about you
- Identity and contact details.
- Personal and background information.
- Your next of kin.
- Bank details.
- Your car registration number (if any).
- Details about your University/College course (if any) or employment (if any).
- Tenancy and deposit information.
This information is collected from you mainly via an application form. Additionally, we may undertake credit or similar checks to obtain information about you or request a reference from an existing or former landlord or employer.
Who do we need this information about
We need information about you as a prospective tenant, about any prospective resident and also information about any guarantor (where a guarantee is taken).
How might this information be collected
This information can be collected –
- By email.
- By post.
- In person.
- In digital form.
- Over the telephone.
Who this information might be shared with
- Joint tenants (if any).
- Guarantors (if any).
- Tenancy deposit protection body.
- Insurance companies, e.g. if we take out rent insurance.
- Internet and email providers.
- The Home Office (relating to immigration/right to rent checks).
Where is this information stored
- In an electronic form on a computer, tablet or mobile phone
- On a web based portal (where a website is operated).
- In hard copy form in a manual filing system.
What happens if this information is not provided
We require this information in order to enter into a tenancy agreement and to check your suitability for a tenancy. If this information is not provided in full then your application for a tenancy cannot proceed.
Why we need this information
As necessary –
- For contractual performance so that we can enter into a tenancy agreement with you.
- For contractual performance so that we can manage any tenancy and the property.
- In relation to details regarding any next of kin in your vital interests, e.g. in the case of an emergency.
- In our legitimate interests in relation to personal and background information so we can assess your suitability to be a tenant, resident or guarantor (as the case may be).
- To perform our legal obligations in relation to carrying out right to rent (immigration status) checks and in order to protect any tenancy deposit which is paid.
You have the following rights
- To object to us processing data (applicable where we rely on the legitimate interests)
- Access to your data.
- Erasure (the right to be forgotten).
- To restrict processing.
- Data portability.
For full details of these rights please see our full privacy notice.
Withdrawal of consent
If your consent provides us with a legal gateway to process data about you; you can withdraw this at any time by telling us by email/post/telephone using the contact details above.
We operate our own internal complaints policy and if you have any concerns about the way in which we collect or handle your data please contact us using the details above.