Careers at DEU Estates
See what opportunities we have to work with the largest student letting agents in Leeds.
Dependent on experience
The role of Property Manager will entail running alongside a strong team within a long established and well respected property company based in Leeds and you will be reporting directly to the Business Directors.
Deu Estates are a large landlord and letting agent. Based in Hyde Park. At the present time, we look after properties in the City Centre, Headingley, Hyde Park, Burley and Woodhouse areas predominately. We have circa 400 properties on our books of which roughly half are owned by the directors. There are 10 members of the team at present.
We are open Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm and Saturdays 9.30am - 5.30pm. The job would involve working every other Saturday, with a day off in lieu.
As a Property Manager you will be ensuring that all processes of property management are running smoothly.
You will need to be experienced in all aspects of the lettings business as your job will encompass everything from property management to viewings and signing tenants up!
You must have up to date knowledge of legalities (ARLA or equivalent qualification is preferable but not essential).
Essential characteristics should include:
- Experience within property management
- Familiarity with the legalaties of the lettings industry
- Clean driving license
- Enthusiastic and confident attitude.
The job role will involve:
- Dealing with Repairs and being the first point of call for owned properties.
- Making sure tenants are kept up to date.
- Organising works for the handyman and other contractors.
- Make sure work has been carried out in a timely manner.
- Make sure tenants are satisfied
- Keeping a log of repairs.
- Dealing with tenancy renewals.
- Carry out HMO renewals and submitting new HMO forms
- Signing new tenants up
- Inspections - during tenancies, and end of tenancies
- Carry out inventories
- Finding ways to work more efficiently
- Taking the emergency phone on a rota basis
- Making sure the office is clean, tidy and organised
- Dealing with all enquiries from Landlords and Tenants
- Resolving any problems before they arise
- Maintaining an efficient office environment
- Management tasks for properties i.e. serving the correct documents at the start of tenancy to serving s.21
- Deal with deposit disputes.
- Find ways to improve our services
- Training staff
- Carry out viewings when required
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org